Qualifications for booking a speaker
If you would like to book Dr. Chuck Betters and/or his wife Sharon Betters as a speaker at your conference or retreat, please first ensure that you will be able to meet the following requirements:
- Our General Manager will make all conference arrangements by email. After Chuck/Sharon reviews your group’s request with our General Manager, our General Manager will be contacting you and arranging a time when Chuck/Sharon can be with your group.
- Chuck/Sharon must be booked for your conference at least three months in advance of the confrence.
- Because Chuck/Sharon takes seriously the call to be in his/her own congregation on Sunday, she will only be able to be with your group on Friday and Saturday. Chuck/Sharon flies out of Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) or Regional Southwest Airport in Ft. Myers (RSW).
- The host organization agrees to cover all her transportation, room and board for Chuck/Sharon and a traveling companion.
- The host organization willsign a contract and a deposit is requested.
- In order to make the best use of Chuck's/Sharon's time, this conference or event must be for 5 churches or must have more than 500 people in attendance.
- Chuck/Sharon believes that $1,500 for just Chuck/Sharon or $3,000 for both Chuck and Sharon per weekend event is reasonable, considering that his/her work begins before your conference commences and will continue after it ends. If this fee is prohibitive, please let us know. Perhaps we can suggest ways for you to build that amount into your conference budget, or, in some circumstances, where many churches are represented an an event, we are open to negotiate a lower fee. Once an agreed upon amount is reached, the entire honorarium must be received no less than 7 days prior to the conference.
- Chuck/Sharon needs to stay in a hotel rather than in a private home.
- Chuck/Sharon needs to be picked up upon arrival at the airport, preferably by a husband and wife team, and taken back to the airport at least one hour in advance of her outgoing flight.
- When Chuck/Sharon is picked up please provide water and some sort of snack or dinner (if there won’t be time to eat one before your conference begins) since she will have been flying all day.
- Chuck/Sharon will speak on the following topics:
- Biblical Encouragement (Sharon)
- Marriage (Chuck and Sharon together)
- The General Manager will send notes of Chuck's/Sharon's material to be copied for all attendees as well as PowerPoint within one month of the conference. Chuck/Sharon needs one hour per session. If you are utilizing PowerPoint for your conference, Chuck/Sharon will need a tech person to advance the slides for them. Unless other arrangements are made, Chuck/Sharon will not be bringing a laptop with him/her.
- Chuck/Sharon will not do any personal counseling while she is with you. Please assign a helper to Chuck/Sharon from your group to assist him/her in avoiding prolonged counseling conversations.
- Chuck/Sharon needs a lapel or over-the-ear mic and needs room temperature water (in a glass) at the podium.
- Chuck/Sharon will bring MARKINC material for distribution and sale at the conferences. The General Manager will arrange this with you and will send you information about our expectations for the book table.
- If you are agreeable with all of the points above, please take time now to fill out the Conference Form.
CONFERENCE Request Form
Thank you for your interest in scheduling a conference with Chuck/Sharon. Please complete the following form and send it, along with your organization’s Statement of Faith to email@example.com. Your request will be considered and responded to in a timely manner. .
If, for any reason, you aren’t able to fulfill Sharon's requirements, you can still have Sharon's teaching in your church. You may purchase her Retreat-in-a-Bag.